We’d love you to become a member of the CBCA Tasmania!
Membership of the CBCA is open to any person, family, school, library, home-school or similar organisation.
Payment is by cheque, cash or direct deposit to our bank account (you just need to notify us of your receipt details).
If you’re a teacher or teacher librarian please encourage your school to become an Institutional Member as Book Week purchases attract a 15% discount.
The Children’s Book Council of Australia (CBCA) is a not for profit, volunteer run organisation which works to improve the quality of children’s books in Australia. Our activities to promote literature and literacy include:
- Presenting the Children’s Book of the Year Awards to books of high literary and artistic quality.
- Providing information on and encouragement to authors and illustrators.
- Organising exhibitions and activities during Children’s Book Week.
- Supporting children’s library services.
- Promoting high standards in book reviewing.
- Hosting children’s book-related events in Tasmania.
Thank you for supporting the CBCA Tasmania.
How much does it cost?
$35 each calendar year for individual membership, $70 for institutional membership, or $20 if you are a student, pensioner or unemployed.
- 2019-2021: Institutional Members are able to access FREE author/illustrator school visits/workshops as a benefit of a Federal Government/Department of Education Grant.
- 2019-2021: Institutional and Personal Members will receive a merchandise package as a benefit of a Federal Government/ Department of Education Grant.
- COVID-19 update for Institutional Members: Should you not be able to access an author visit in 2020, your membership will be rolled over into 2021, with full membership benefits listed above.
- Discounted entry at ticketed events for Personal / Concession members. Institutional membership covers all staff at the institution for the discounted member rate determined for each event.
- Discounts on Book Week merchandise - 15% for Institutional members and 10% for Personal / Concession members. [Please note that only purchases through the CBCA Tasmania using the Merchandise Form attracts the discount. Orders placed directly through the eStore do not receive any discounts.]
- Eligibility for schools and home-school teams to participate in the annual Southern Tasmanian Readers Cup competition.
- Professional Development events such as the Book of the Year Award Judge’s Talks.
- Information about author and illustrator tours, speakers and other events.
- Advance access to our regular newsletter.
- Providing financial support to the CBCA Tasmania, which is a volunteer organisation, to meet its ongoing costs and fund activities to benefit its members.
Receive our newsletter
Members also receive, by email, our newsletter full of news about our activities and information about children’s literature for your enjoyment.
The Children’s Book Council of Australia (Tasmanian Branch) Incorporated Constitution has been registered. Read it here.